Gum disease can sneak up on anyone. It’s a serious, progresssive condition that, if left untreated, can result in the loss of teeth. Gum disease is treatable at Crabtree Dental in Katy.
We have put together a little quiz so you can test your knowledge about gum disease.
1. Which of the items below are risk factors for gum disease (periodontitis)?
2. Which of the following are possible signs of gum disease?
a. Teeth that seem to be longer
b. A change in the way dentures fit
c. Bad breath
d. Tender gums
3. Which of the following are possible health issues linked to untreated gum disease?
b. Low birth weight babies
c. Parkinson’s disease
4. What percentage of individuals age 65+ have gum disease?
5. Which of the following procedures are used for gum disease?
a. Scaling and root planing
b. Soft tissue grafts
c. Flap surgery
d. Flip surgery
1. All of the above. Pregnancy, menopause, or any other condition that causes hormonal changes is a risk factor as is any type of malocclusion.
2. All of the above. Note: some patients don’t see any symptoms.
Gum disease usually responds well to treatment, especially when it’s caught early. At Crabtree Dental in Katy we promote healthy gums, and advocate preventive dental care. Call our office to schedule an appointment today!
Contact Crabtree Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
23056 Westheimer Pkwy